The Madness Behind This Blog!!!
- @timcutler how do the cricketers arrange for their kit?? 4 days ago
- @BoomerCollins19 why dont you try for the national team? 6 days ago
- @Su4ita not trying to be rude but shock therapy is a legit treatment. "Electro Convulsiv Therapy" 1 week ago
- @OliNorwell give those series to a random non qualified country 1 week ago
- @OliNorwell only request for the new version when an associate team qualifies for test please let them have regular series and not ... 1 week ago
World Through My Eyes
- 3 Idiots 7 Khoon Maaf 9filmframes 2010 Aamir Khan Amit Trivedi Anoushka Shankar Anu Kapoor Anushka Sharma Arti Sharma Asif Ali Baig Awards Barbara Mori bollywood chang Dev D Dhobi Ghat First Look Hrithik Roshan IIFA IIFA 2010 india Irrfan Khan John Abraham Kajol Kaminey Kangana Ranaut karan johar Kites KK List Love Aaj Kal Lyrics Mayang Chang mother Mother's Day Movie Movie Review Movies music Music review my name is khan Nasir Faraaz Nasseeruddin Shah Naxal Naxalism Neil Nitin Mukesh niranjan iyengar No One Killed Jessica Paa Parmeet Sethi Photography Poem postaday Priyanka Chopra RA Clicks Raghav Agarwal Rahul Agrawal Rajesh Roshan Rakesh Roshan SEL Shahid Kapoor shah rukh khan Shankar ehsaan loy Short Movie SRK Sting The Book Of My Life Usha Uthup Vir Das Vishal Bhardwaj Wake Up Sid Wanted weekly photo challenge Yah Raj Films
The Latest Updates
ladynimue on Project Punjab: Nur Sarai raulkumar on Project Punjab: Nur Sarai @Rohwit on Project Punjab: Nur Sarai raulkumar on Bollywood Time Travel: 19… ladynimue on Bollywood Time Travel: 19…
Looking for Something?????
- Liked my photography?? Check out some more of them at
Few days back I stumbled upon http://9filmframes.tumblr.com/ and I was very much impressed with the idea and the creations so I decided to try some of Indian movies. Hope this doesn’t gets me sued by the original blogger.
My first site in Punjab’s tour is a Sarai in the village of Nurmahal. Sarai were kind of inns or rest houses for travelers and businessmen on their trips of exchanging goods. They used to spend the night in these Sarais, which was free of cost. Other times kings and queens used to stay when they used to visit the place for their tours or hunting. A typical sarai used to quadrangular space surrounded by rooms and huge walls with a watch tower on all the four sides, a mosque in the centre and other things depending how important that sarai was.
Nur Sarai is located in Nurmahal somewhere around 30 kms from Jalandhar. It is believed to be the birth place of Nurjehan: Jahangir’s wife. Also it is believed Nurjehan spent a large part of her childhood here. The sarai was built in the early 17th century mainly as a hunting lodge where Nurjehan used to rest after her hunting excursions.
The whole structure is made of bricks as was common in those days. The sprawling main gate has carvings with scenes of hunting of tigers and rhinoceros which is believed inhabited this area in those times. There were around 140 rooms at the sarai of which 75% are still present. In the centre of sarai is a mosque and a small building which as told by the caretaker was the Army’s General’s place of stay. Their was also a Rang Mahal which was the queens part of the sarai. The monument is in a pretty decent condition with three sides of the sarai still in position along with the mosque and the general’s place.
A panoramic view of the sarai
The mosque at the sarai
Rang Mahal: The place where the queens used to stay
Rooms at the sarai
For more photographs visit RA Clicks
Dreams are the most delicate things in anybody’s life. Even a small jolt can break dreams so it is our responsibility to take care of them and make sure we fullfil those blurry dreams in real life. Cheers!